Wednesday, February 27, 2008

In the beginning.........

Wow, my first blog. Wonder if anyone will read it. Michelle, you out there?

Well, here goes. I was diagnosed with CLL - chronic lymphocytic leukemia two years ago at the age of 43. Two years of searching and trying to find the best way to stay healthy - I've discovered the raw diet. I've decided to transition to raw on 1/1/08. It's a little tough because I live with a family of carnivores. If I don't cook, they don't eat. I've been juicing. It's been a fun experiment. I've learned to make nut milks. I can make spaghetti out of zucchini and a pretty nice raw sause too!

4 comments:

Debbie Young said...

KC!!! I am so glad you wrote... tell me all about your dx... did you have a bone marrow biopsy? What is your prognosis?
Oh, I am so excited...email me at mom2samnjaz@sbcglobal.net
I am thinking of writing a book just for us leukemia-ites.
love deb

Michelle said...

Oh MY, i see i am not your first commentor!!! Deb, beat me to it!!!Listen, my friend and fellow dork, blogging becomes addictive and you will have a blast doing it!! I am so glad you decided to start one up. I love the title of your blog too!! I will read everyday. Love ya!
Michelle

justme said...

Well, all I can say is I'm glad to find out you were talking about foods when you said "raw" (haha). Your blog looks great! Count me in as one of your faithful readers as well!

Anonymous said...

I'll follow you along. Mind if I put you on my blogroll, so I can find you?