Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Raw Vegan Hike

It's been a while since I posted. I must confess that I did fall off the raw cart for a while, but now I'm back and newly inspired. I came back a week ago from a raw vegan hike - pictures to follow. I backpacked in Oregon for four days with other raw vegans. It was very physically challenging for me. We hiked 30 miles and 3,000 ft vertical. The weather was perfect. Warm during the day and chilly at night. We swam in pristine mountain lakes from by the melting snow! Yes, there was still snow in August! If you want to check out the hike, see www.harmonyhikes.com. Sergei is an awesome young man! His sister, Valya, also went on the hike. I also had the privilege to meet his mother, Victoria. They are wonderful, vibrant people.

I learned new raw recipes from Sergei. I met wonderful people too. My fellow hikers were awesome. Ashland, OR is a cool little town. I got to meet serious hikers doing the Pacific Crest Trail at the hostel I stayed at before and after the hike. I never heard of the PCT before. It is a hike from Mexico to Canada. It can take 5 to 6 months to complete. These hikers have trail names. Three that are memorable are Laces, Good Times and Brit. I enjoyed chatting with them. I know they are still on the trail and wish them much success.

Watch for pictures!

1 comment:

2nd gen said...

okay I signed up so I can leave you comments. I like your blog. I don't know if I would have the courage or enough to say if I started one. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. YFIW Bam Bam