Monday, August 24, 2009

Trek Bike





This is the bike I plan on buying. It is a Trek road bike 2.1. My current trusty steed is fast becoming a thing of the past as I progress as a cyclist. I need a lighter, faster bike. A mountain bike with slicks is no longer cutting it. I've changed the pedals on my bike to clip on pedals and bought bike shoes. What a blast! I could not believe how it increased my speed!!! The cycling club I belong to is awesome. Suffolk County Bike Riders Association. You can find them on www.sbraweb.org. The people I ride with are very nice and very supportive as I learn. The socializing after the rides has been a lot of fun too! The cycling club has opened a whole new world to me!

Cycling clothes can be expensive. I love these three sites www.primalwear.com, www.teamestrogen.com and www.terrybicycles.com. Very cool stuff!

I'm also gearing up to get back into hiking and try another backpacking trip. I'm currently on a wait list for a Fall backpacking trip I really want to go on - stay tuned!

3 comments:

pkenn said...

Your blocked on facebook letter reminds me of the letter my sister and her husband got from their primary care doctor, in their words "firing them" for being unreasonable patients. When one gets into the whole story it's clear that the doctor has made some poor choices regarding their care and it has been called to her attention by others. Their other doctors laughed when they read the letter, which is a pretty good indication of where the problem lies.

Keep on moving forward. Your friend may never come back into your circle, but you have a new circle with the cycling. Sounds like fun!

kcdaniels said...

Riding 18 miles tonight!!!! Can't wait!!!

Celeste Maia said...

Way to go, Karen! Your bike seems so slick to me already, the bike I used to have weighs a ton and does not even have gears...kids' stuff for you. You are on the right track, that's for sure.